Key to every successful online gathering is tech support. We know that while many amazing groups are holding presentations on Zoom - even spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on facilitators and presenters - those gatherings sometimes don’t run smoothly because of tech issues. If this sounds familiar, then this workshop for you!
Facilitators cannot do it alone. If your group or organization is holding online presentations, you’ve probably noticed that everything goes better when there’s someone handling the tech. This workshop prepares staff or volunteers to provide tech support to your facilitators and your audiences. We applaud those who continue to do organizing work online. We want your online gatherings to go well!
Registrants to this workshop should:
- work (volunteer or staff) in groups or organizations that hold online gatherings
- have basic familiarity with Zoom, at least as a participant
- have access to a Pro Zoom account
- be prepared to engage! PeoplesHub workshops are hands-on and highly participatory. We’ve found people learn new skills best when they are present and ready to practice
PeoplesHub offers this workshop after many requests for tech support training from our partners and collaborators. This workshop has room for 20 participants, so register early!
Length, Dates and Times Offered
2 1/2 hours (with 2 breaks)
Friday March 10
By the end of this workshop, participants will leave with...
- Know basics of online accessibility practices
- Be practiced in sharing screen, audio, and video
- Have a framework for determining back-end and security settings for Zoom meetings
- Know the difference between Zoom webinars and meetings
- Have a template for preparing for Zoom meetings
- Have access to future tech practice spaces
This workshop is ideal for:
- Past participants of Power of Online Space and/or Online Connection 101
- Volunteers and staff who currently run tech support for their group’s online meetings and gatherings, but need help building skills
- People who understand that tech support will help their group’s online gatherings run smoother.
To prepare for this training:
- arrive to the workshop via a desktop or laptop (we cannot do this training on a phone or mobile device)
- if possible, bring a recent or upcoming presentation from your group to practice with
AI captioning will be provided
Access requests, including interpretation and captioners, can be made during registration or by emailing Dustin Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for interpreters and captioners that are made less than 48 hours before the event typically are more difficult to meet. We will try and notify you if we cannot secure requested access.
Issues with Registration?
If you have questions about this offering or technical needs registering for this event, please contact registration support.
Choose what to pay, starting at $40. The true cost of this workshop is $100/person. At PeoplesHub we are committed to communication access, radical hospitality, supporting facilitators, and making our offerings financially accessible. This sliding scale allows us to continue offering programs like this one and pay trainers, interpreters, captioners, and other support staff a fair wage for their time and expertise. Like you, those who support our trainings work hard for change in their communities and have often developed the knowledge, skill and gifts that they are offering through many unpaid hours — let’s support them to be sustainable in their work and craft!
|Full Workshop Cost||$100.00|